There are a number of ways in which ANU Sport can help your club promote itself.
Many clubs have a website to help communicate with their members, however they can be difficult to set up and maintain. Clubs looking for a simple easy to maintain website can use Google Sites with the following domain: club_name.anusra.com.au. If you are interested, please contact the Club Development Officer.
Market day is held on the ANU campus during the ANU's Orientation Week (the week before ANU's first semester begins) and again during ANU's Bush Week (the week before ANU's second semester). During Market Day, affiliated Clubs can set up stalls to promote their Club to prospective members. ANU Sport facilitates these two-yearly market days.
ANU SPORT CLUB LANDING PAGE
On the ANU Sport’s website, all Clubs have an ANU Sport Club landing page. This is an excellent resource for informing individuals and/or directing individuals to a Club contact or a Club website. If a Club needs to update the landing page, contact Marketing and Events Officer. Clubs are responsible for informing ANU Sport about any updates. The landing page should be formatted as follows:
- A short description which makes the club seem like a fun and attractive organisation to join, e.g. “The ANU Lacrosse Club is a sporting club for all students of the ANU and members of the Canberra community! Offering sporting opportunities at all levels, from beginners courses, to social tournaments, to national competitive opportunities, there’s something for everyone.” Potentially a description of the sport if it isn’t an obvious one, written in a way that a beginner would be able to understand. Maximum one paragraph.
- List of offerings provided by the club (e.g. social team, competitive team, trainings, intervarsity opportunities). Dot points are preferred for this part.
- Information about who can join the club, how they can join, and how much it will cost.
- A contact email, website link, or way to reach the club.
- Link to the constitution.
SOCIAL MEDIA PROMOTION
Clubs can promote events or achievement through ANU Sports social media presence. If your Club wants to make use of ANU Sports media platforms, please contact the Marketing and Events Officer.
NEWS & EVENTS
If the club would like to further celebrate an achievement of a team or individual they can submit an article to ANU Sport. This article can be published on ANU Sport website: https://www.anu-sport.com.au/news. Please note that it is at the discretion of ANU Sport to publish this article or not.